Ahead of the next week, it will be a very busy week of economic data including fresh GDP growth figures, Fed’s monetary policy decision and corporate earnings. Investors will continue to focus on the pandemic, specially on new and more-contagious strains and will carefully monitor President Biden’s legislative agenda in a divided Congress.
Below are the main economic data to be published next week along with expectations from the Monsun Asia.
25 January 2021 – Monday
1) German IFO Business Climate for January (17:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish Prediction — German PMI printed higher than expectation.
26 January 2021 – Tuesday
1) UK Employment Data for November (15:00 Malaysia Time) — Bearish Prediction — Job data weaker in PMI.
2) US CB Consumer Confidence for January (23:00 Malaysia Time) — Bearish Prediction — Weaker UoM index.
27 January 2021 – Wednesday
1) Australian CPI for Q4 (08:30 Malaysia Time) — Bullish Prediction — Higher consumer inflation expectations in Q4.
28 January 2021 – Thursday
1) US FOMC Rate Decision for January (03:00 Malaysia Time) — No Prediction — No prediction from central bank.
2) New Zealand Trade Balance for December (05:45 Malaysia Time) — Bearish Prediction — Sharp drop in manufacturing PMI.
3) German Prelim CPI for January (20:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish Prediction — Global price surged higher.
4) US GDP for Q4 (21:30 Malaysia Time) — Bearish Prediction — Weaker retail sales in Q4.
29 January 2021 – Friday
1) German GDP for Q4 (15:00 Malaysia Time) — Will Update — Will update after German retail sales and trade balance.
2) Canada GDP for November (21:30 Malaysia Time) — Bullish Prediction — Strong Canada trade data and retail sales.
3) US Personal Spending for December (21:30 Malaysia Time) — Bullish Prediction — Average hourly earnings firmer.
4) US UoM Consumer Sentiment for January (23:00 Malaysia Time) — No Prediction — No prediction for UoM data.
⚠️ USE THESE DATA TO MANAGE YOUR TRADE AHEAD OF THE EVENT. NOT TO TRADE DURING NEWS RELEASE.
Follow us on the telegram channel for the latest news, tips and various other information : https://t.me/Monsun_Asia