Thursday’s debate may be the last chance for Trump to turn around the campaign, while there should still be more chances for the EU and the UK to agree on a trade deal despite their confrontational tone, which could keep a cap on GBP losses. Unless fresh fiscal stimulus hopes come to the rescue, risk-related FX may keep struggling and USD could stay supported
Below are the main economic data to be published next week along with expectations from the Monsun Asia.
19 October 2020 – Monday
1) China’s GDP for Q3 (10:00 Malaysia Time) — No prediction — No prediction on Chinese data.
20 October 2020 – Tuesday
1) Australia’s Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes (8:30 Malaysia Time) — No prediction — No prediction on Central bank’s minutes.
2) U.S. Building Permits for September (20:30 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — Low interest rates and state reopening should fuel on housing sector.
21 October 2020 – Wednesday
1) U.K. CPI for September (14:00 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Fall in shop prices in September.
2) Canada’s CPI for September (20:30 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — Sharp improvement in labor market conditions and rise in price component of IVEY.
22 October 2020 – Thursday
1) U.S. Existing Home Sales for September (22:00 Malaysia Time) — Will update — Will update after U.S. housing permits.
23 October 2020 – Friday
1) NZ’s CPI for Q3 (5:45 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Food price inflation largely unchanged but RBNZ dovish in inflation.
2) U.K. Retail Sales for September (14:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — British Retail Consortium shows improvement in consumer demand.
3) EZ’s PMI data for October (16:00 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Weaker ZEW, Ifo and Industrial production.
4) U.K.’s PMI data for October (16:30 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Likely to be weaker given rising virus cases and Brexit uncertainty.
⚠️ USE THESE DATA TO MANAGE YOUR TRADE AHEAD OF THE EVENT. NOT TO TRADE DURING NEWS RELEASE.
Follow us on the telegram channel for the latest news, tips and various other information : https://t.me/ForexNews_Monsun