With US-China tensions offering a worrying background, markets will cling to any breakthrough in the US relief package talks to keep the risk rally going next week. The FOMC should not stand in the way of risk assets and once again reiterates its highly accomodative stance. USD may be stuck between contrasting factors, while JPY could be a key outperformer.
Below are the main economic data to be published next week along with expectations from the Monsun Asia.
27 July 2020 – Monday
1) German Ifo Business Climate for July (16:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — PMIs show sharp improvement.
28 July 2020 – Tuesday
1) U.S. CB Consumer Confidence for July (22:00 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — University of Michigan Sentiment Index printed lower.
29 July 2020 – Wednesday
1) Australia CPI For Q2 (9:30 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Dropped in consumer inflation expectations in Q2.
30 July 2020 – Thursday
1) FOMC Rate Decision (2:00 Malaysia Time) — No prediction on central bank decision.
2) German GDP for Q2 (14:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — German Q2 GDP should be better due to spending recoveries.
3) EZ Consumer Confidence for July (17:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — Confidence is likely to be firmer because of economy reopenings.
4) German CPI for July (20:00 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — Recovery in oil prices should lead to rise in CPI.
5) U.S. GDP for Q2 (20:30 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Forecast are very low due to economic shutdown.
31 July 2020 – Friday
1) EZ CPI for July (17:00 Malaysia Time) — Will update after German CPI data on Thursday.
2) Canada GDP for May (20:30 Malaysia Time) — Bullish prediction — Stronger trade balance and retail sales.
3) U.S. Personal Spending for Jun (20:30 Malaysia Time) — Bearish prediction — Wages and retail sales activity weaker.
⚠️ USE THESE DATA TO MANAGE YOUR TRADE AHEAD OF THE EVENT. NOT TO TRADE DURING NEWS RELEASE.
Follow us on the telegram channel for the latest news, tips and various other information : https://t.me/Monsun_Asia